Achieve a refreshed complexion with microdermabrasion for sun damage, lines, clogged pores and more.
Renew skin tone and texture
Microdermabrasion is one of the most affordable and effective non-surgical treatments available in skin rejuvenation.
The treatment rubs away the upper layers of dead skin cells, which are then gently removed by a suction device. There is no pain or discomfort during the procedure. The combination of abrasion and suction allows the skin’s healing process to commence and bring back newer skin cells which look and feel smoother.
Microdermabrasion is ideal for:
Skin texture problems
Benefits of a microdermabrasion
A quick pick-me-up
Microdermabrasion produces immediate results with no downtime, so you can enjoy a lunchtime pick-me-up and get back to your everyday activities.
Microdermabrasion helps remove some visible imperfections such as sun damage and fine lines, resulting in more radiant, blemish-free skin tone.
Brighten your complexion
Remove dead skin cells and other debris to reveal a clean, bright and purified complexion and achieve healthier skin!
Book an appointment for a microdermabrasion at a skin clinic near you
How does a microdermabrasion work?
While you rest back on a reclining couch under soft lights with protective eye pads and a head band, the microdermabrasion device works at rubbing away the upper layers of dead skin cells. A hand piece moves over your skin and the skin cells are gently removed by a suction device. Your skin will then be pampered with a serum application to promote healing. The treatment is pain-free and comfortable – in fact, you will leave feeling invigorated!
- Skin should be free of all wounds and cold sores.
- Skin should not be red or inflamed.
- Eyes are always protected with shields during the procedure.
- Before treatment, do not over-expose yourself to the sun or a solarium.
- Do not apply an exfoliation treatment at home.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use hydrating products adapted to your skin type.
- Use protective SPF50+ sunscreen.
- Stay out of the sun for one week.
- Wait one week before resuming use of any Retinol-A, AHA, glycolic acid or essential oil products.
- Wait two weeks between treatments.
In the 48 hours after the treatment:
- Avoid saunas, swimming pools, sun exposure and tanning salons.
- Use sunscreen.
- You may use your dermaroller again
Some patients are not suitable for microdermabrasion. These include patients with a lot of fine capillaries, broken spider blood vessels or tendency to rosacea in the mid face. Such patients can develop pinpoint bleeding under the skin.
Following pre and post-treatment care guidelines will help optimise your results. Your clinician will walk you through any contraindications or side-effects that might impact you.
- After treatment, your skin may feel as though it has suffered a light sunburn. This is normal due to the fact the hydro-lipidic film that naturally protects the skin’s surface has been removed. It will take about 48 hours to heal and rebuild.
Pricing upon consultation. Please enquire at your preferred clinic location for a customised quote tailored to your specific skin needs and goals.
We offer complimentary consultations, bundle savings, and AfterPay options for your convenience.
Frequently asked questions
What should I be aware of before undergoing microdermabrasion treatment?
- Skin should be free of all wounds and cold sores
- Skin should not be red nor inflamed
- Eyes are always protected with shields during the procedure
- Before treatment, do not over-expose yourself to the sun or a solarium
- Do not do an exfoliation treatment at home
What will happen during the microdermabrasion treatment?
You will be at rest on a reclining couch under soft lights, with protective eye pads and a head band. Your face will be cleansed of all makeup prior to treatment. The hand piece is applied sequentially over your forehead, temples, mid face, nose, upper lip, lower face, and chin. You may feel a slight pulling sensation as the hand piece moves over your face, but there is no pain or discomfort. The treatment is usually completed within 30 minutes and is followed by an application of cosmeceutical serum to promote healing.
How long will the results last from microdermabrasion?
Patients often feel better about the way their skin feels within 24 hours of microdermabrasion treatment. They comment that their skin is smoother and feels fresher. These results are temporary, lasting up to two weeks. Microdermabrasion treatment can be beneficial when undertaken once a month as part of a skin care regime.
Does microdermabrasion hurt?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment on the surface of the skin. It feels like small sand-like particles on your face. It is not painful.
What does microdermabrasion do for your face?
Microdermabrasion uses a gentle sanding effect to remove upper layers of skin, helping to rejuvenate the skin cells and stimulate collagen, which produces smoother, fresher, and plumper skin.
Can you see results after one microdermabrasion session?
Yes, you will be able to see immediate results after the first treatment. Within 24 hours of treatment (once the effects like redness have worn away), your skin will be glowing and vibrant. However, we always recommend a series of treatments for best results.