Tighten and contour heavy eyelids and double chin, and safely treat sagging, crepey or wrinkled skin.
Tighten and contour skin
Thermage CPT is a skin tightening and contouring procedure for the treatment of wrinkles and cellulite. The procedure safely and effectively tightens the skin beyond the minimal results achieved with topical creams. It less invasive and costly than surgical procedures, and is the only non-invasive treatments FDA approved for eyelid drooping.
Thermage CPT is ideal for treating:
Loose jowls or lack of definition of the jaw line
Sagging skin under the chin (turkey neck)
Overall improvement of skin tone and lines
Wrinkles, crepey or sagging skin on the tummy, knees, arms, legs, hands or buttock
Excess skin on the upper eyelids (hooding)
Benefits of Thermage CPT
Enjoy youthful-looking skin
Thermage CPT is ideal for refining crepey, wrinkled or sagging skin, leaving your skin looking tighter, younger and refreshed.
Thermage CPT stimulates the body's natural healing process, with results seen immediately and continuing for a few months as collagen renews in the treated area.
Simple and effective
There is no downtime involved with Thermage CPT so you can resume normal activities and apply makeup straight away.
How does Thermage CPT work?
Thermage CPT uses unique radiofrequency technology to safely heat the deeper layers of skin while providing cooling to the surface. This deep heating stimulates the skin’s natural renewal process which helps tighten existing collagen and stimulates new collagen production.
The Thermage CPT treatment takes approximately two hours and is performed under local anaesthesia. As the heat is directed to the deeper layers of the skin, the skin remains intact after the treatment, hence a limited downtime.
One treatment is usually required to get the full benefit for most patients.
Before your Thermage CPT treatment, make sure you inform your doctor:
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any medications or supplements including blood thinning medications as this increases risk of bruising.
- If you have used topical products containing retinoids or acids. Please discontinue use a few days before the treatment, as they may increase skin sensitivity.
What you do after your treatment and how you take care of your skin is very important.
- Stay well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least a few days post-treatment.
- Avoid sources of excessive heat for a few days after the treatment.
- Avoid using products that contain retinoids, acids, or other potentially irritating ingredients for a few days post-treatment.
- Refrain from intense physical activity for the first day or two.
Following pre- and post-treatment care guidelines will help optimise your results. Your clinician will walk you through any contraindications or side-effects that might impact you. The below list includes common and rare side effects that may be serious and may require immediate medical attention.
- Discomfort – Most people will feel some heat related discomfort (pain) with the
treatment. This discomfort is usually temporary during the procedure and localised within the treatment area. A small number of patients have reported tenderness in the
treatment area lasting up to several weeks.
- Swelling – Swelling of the treated area typically resolves within a few hours.
- Redness – Redness typically resolves within a few hours, however, on rare occasions, it
may last up to several weeks.
- Surface Irregularities – In very rare cases, the procedure may result in the development of surface irregularities, various described as dents or waffling in the surface of the skin, or loss of subsurface fat volume.
- Burns, Blisters, Scabbing, Scarring – Heating in the upper layers of the skin may cause burns and subsequent blister and scab formation
- Pigment Changes – Treatment may cause a colour change to the skin, leaving it lighter
or darker at the exposure site.
- Herpes Simplex Reactivation – Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sore) eruption may result in
rare cases in a treated area that has previously been infected with the virus.
- Altered Sensation – The procedure may produce in very rare cases altered sensation, including numbness, tingling or temporary paralysis.
- Efficacy – Because all individuals are different, it is not possible to completely predict who will benefit from the procedure.
Before and after results from HIFU skin tightening
Please enquire at your preferred clinic location for a customised quote tailored to your specific skin needs and goals.
We offer consultations, and bundle savings, for your convenience.
Frequently asked questions
Is Thermage CPT safe and painless?
Thermage CPT is a painless procedure. The tip can be adjusted to vary the light pulse to make you more comfortable.
Thermage CPT is a safe treatment. Radiofrequency treatments have been used in the medical and cosmetic fields for a long time.
What are the side effects of Thermage CPT?
Some patients experience swelling or redness in the skin after Thermage CPT treatment, but these symptoms subside within a few hours. Generally, there are few side effects or downtime.
How long do the results of Thermage CPT last?
The results of Thermage CPT can last for a long time. Some patients require only one treatment while others may require maintenance every few years.