MBBS, DCH, FRACGP, Adv Cert Skin Cancer Medicine, Prof Cert Skin Cancer Surgery
Dr Liyana Jayaweera has over 20 years’ experience as a medical practitioner in Australia and overseas. Her passion for dermatology is backed by advanced qualifications in skin cancer medicine, surgery and general dermatology. Being committed to quality medicine and continuation of education, Dr Jayaweera is also currently completing additional postgraduate certifications in these fields. She is experienced with performing comprehensive skin checks, skin biopsies and excisions of skin lesions.
While working in both rural and metropolitan hospitals and general practices throughout Australia and the greater Sydney region, Dr Jayaweera recognised the high prevalence of skin cancer and developed a special interest in the field in the hopes of providing a much-needed service for the community and saving lives.
Dr Jayaweera finds great satisfaction in providing wholistic and ongoing long-term skin cancer care for the Sydney community.
• Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2022
• Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (HealthCert Education), 2020
• Professional Certificate of General Dermatology (HealthCert Education), 2020
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences), 2001
367 President Avenue
Gymea, NSW 2227
Mon, Tue, Thu: 9.00am - 1.00pm | 2.00pm - 6.00pm
Wed: 9.00am - 1.00pm (Confocal Imaging) | 2.00pm - 6.00pm (Plastic Surgeon Consultations)
Fri: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Off-street parking is available. Enter driveway off Hotham Road, located at the same traffic lights as President Private Hospital.