MBBS, FRACGP, Prof Dip Skin Cancer Medicine, Prof Dip Skin Cancer Surgery, Adv Cert Dermoscopy
After achieving her medical degrees at the University of Tasmania in 2015, Dr Brittany Birrell completed her junior training at the Royal Hobart Hospital, including two terms with the plastic and reconstructive team, where she discovered a passion for skin cancer surgery. She completed her GP training at a local skin cancer clinic for three years and went on to do advanced training with HealthCert Education, achieving a Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine, a Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery, and an Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy.
Dr Birrell is passionate about working in skin cancer as it gives her the opportunity to reduce the burden of skin cancer in the Hobart community and prevent the associated morbidity. She also enjoys the craft of skin cancer medicine, from assessing the clues in dermoscopy to make accurate diagnoses, to utilising topical medicine to treat sun damage, preventing progression into invasive skin cancer, and finally to applying surgical skills to cure skin cancers with a focus on providing a good aesthetic and functional outcome postoperatively.
• Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy (HealthCert Education), 2021
• Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (HealthCert Education), 2021
• Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (HealthCert Education), 2021
• Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy (HealthCert Education), 2020
• Medical Bachelor & Bachelor of Surgery (University of Tasmania) with Clinical Distinction, 2015
137 New Town Road
New Town, TAS 7008
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Free parking is available in Roope Street and in the designated signed area behind the hotel next to our centre. Please ensure you park in the spaces marked for the New Town Skin Cancer Centre.