BSc, MBBS, FRACGP, ACCD, ACCSCMS
Dr Candice Beaven graduated from The University of Queensland in 2005. She is an Accredited Skin Cancer Doctor with the Skin Cancer College of Australasia and holds a portfolio of advanced university-assured qualifications in all areas of skin cancer, including dermoscopy, histopathology, skin cancer medicine, skin cancer surgery, and more. She also holds current memberships with the International Dermoscopy Society and the Skin Cancer College of Australasia, where she assists with teaching other doctors.
Dr Beaven has practised exclusively in skin cancer since 2014. As skin cancer is the most prevalent cancer in Australia, she is passionate about reducing the burden of skin disease in Australia through the prevention, early diagnosis and timely management of skin cancer, and finds great satisfaction in improving health outcomes for her patients. She provides full dermoscopic skin checks, diagnosis and management of skin cancers, sun damage and general dermatological presentations. Dr Beaven is experienced in surgical and non-surgical treatments and has advanced skin surgery skills including flaps, grafts and facial excisions to achieve the best cosmetic outcomes.
Prior to dedicating her work to skin cancer, Dr Beaven worked at the Royal Brisbane and Mater Hospitals, where she completed rotations in dermatology and plastic surgery, as well as various general practices in Queensland.
• Accredited Skin Cancer Doctor & Member, Skin Cancer College of Australasia
• Professional Certificate of General Dermatology (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Dermoscopy Masterclass (HealthCert Education), 2022
• Histopathology for Skin Cancer Clinicians (Skin Cancer College of Australasia), 2022
• Advanced Clinical Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Surgery (Skin Cancer College of Australasia), 2013
• Advanced Clinical Certificate of Dermoscopy (Skin Cancer College of Australasia), 2011
• Member, International Dermoscopy Society
• Fellow, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2010
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (The University of Queensland), 2005
• Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science), (The University of Queensland), 2000
177 Old Cleveland Rd
Coorparoo, QLD 4151
Mon, Wed & Fri: 7.00am – 5.00pm
Tue & Thur: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Free on-site parking is available under the building.
Street parking is also available.