Accredited Skin Cancer Doctor
FRACGP, BMed, BSc (Hons), Adv Cert Skin Cancer Med & Surgery, Adv Cert Dermoscopy, Cert Skin Cancer Medicine, Cert Dermoscopy
Dr Tom Marks is an Accredited Skin Cancer Doctor who has dedicated his practice to GP skin cancer care for more than a decade. He holds a portfolio of advanced qualifications in skin cancer medicine, surgery, and dermoscopy and has worked across many general, skin cancer and urgent care practices in New Zealand and Australia, most recently in Lismore and now in Terrigal.
Dr Marks completed his medical degrees in Southamption in the UK before moving in 2010 to New Zealand, where he immediately developed an interest in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, with a special focus on the surgical management of skin lesions. In 2022, upon relocating to Australia where melanoma rates are the highest in the world, Dr Marks shifted his practice full-time to comprehensive skin cancer management. He is particularly adept at achieving favourable cosmetic and scarring outcomes following surgical procedures.
• Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2022
• Fellowship with the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners, 2017
• Advanced Clinical Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Surgery (Skin Cancer College Australasia), 2017
• Accredited Skin Cancer Doctor (Skin Cancer College Australasia), 2016
• Advanced Clinical Certificate of Dermoscopy (Skin Cancer College Australasia), 2016
• Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Skin Cancer College Australasia), 2016
• Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science (University of Auckland), 2015
• Certificate of Dermoscopy (Skin Cancer College Australasia), 2013
• Bachelor of Medicine (University of Southampton), 2008
• Intercalated BSc in Biomedical Sciences (University of Southampton), 2007
4/9 Church Street
Terrigal, NSW 2260
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
There is a small carpark at the front, however street parking or the free parking station in Wilson Road is best. Please allow extra time when driving into Terrigal as traffic can be heavy.