MBChB, FRACGP, Cert Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine, Prof Cert Dermoscopy
Dr Karen Baynon has practised as a GP for over 20 years, with the past 12 years spent on the Sunshine Coast. She has always had a special interest in skin cancer and has gained advanced qualifications in the field from The University of Queensland and HealthCert Education.
Dr Baynon received her medical degree from the University of Otago in New Zealand in 1989 and her Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2009. She enjoys performing skin checks and minor surgery because Queensland has the highest melanoma rate in the world, so she feels that skin cancer services are very much needed and ought to be readily accessible to everyone. Dr Baynon lives locally in Alexandra Headlands.
• Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (HealthCert Education), 2023
• Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy (HealthCert Education), 2023
• Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine (The University of Queensland)
• Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2009
• Fellowship with the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners, 2004
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (University of Otago), 1989
Suite 1, 5 Innovation Parkway
Birtinya, QLD 4575
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 5.30pm
There is free onsite parking provided with Security Parking Marshalls assisting during the morning. Please allow plenty of time as it can get quite busy.