BSci (Hons), MBBS, FRACGP, DCH, Cert Skin Cancer Medicine, Cert Dermoscopy, Adv Cert Dermoscopy, Adv Skin Surgery Workshop, Adv Cert Skin Cancer Medicine
Dr Nathanael Sweeney holds several advanced qualifications in skin cancer and related fields and is currently completing his accreditation with the Australasian Skin Cancer College.
Dr Sweeney undertook a Bachelor of Science with Honours at the University of Adelaide and went on to study medicine at Flinders University, completing this in 2011. He moved to Hobart from South Australia in 2012 and has worked in general practices throughout Hobart ever since, dedicating much of his everyday work over the past five years to skin cancer detection and treatment.
Dr Sweeney is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and has a special interest in skin cancer management, with a passion for dermoscopy and non-surgical and surgical management of skin cancers. He finds the early detection and intervention of skin cancer very rewarding. He regularly attends conferences and workshops to keep up to date with updates in skin cancer medicine for his patients’ benefit.
• Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy (Australasian Skin Cancer College), 2018
• Advanced Skin Surgery Workshop (Australasian Skin Cancer College), 2017
• Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Australasian Skin Cancer College), 2017
• Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Australasian Skin Cancer College), 2016
• Certificate of Dermoscopy (Australasian Skin Cancer College), 2016
• Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Flinders University), 2011
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) (University of Adelaide)
137 New Town Road
New Town, TAS 7008
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Free parking is available in Roope Street and in the designated signed area behind the hotel next to our centre. Please ensure you park in the spaces marked for the New Town Skin Cancer Centre.