MBBS, FRACGP, Mphil, Cert Practical Dermoscopy, Cert Benign & Precancerous Lesions, Cert Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine
Dr Sharene Chong is a distinguished doctor who has pursued her special interest in skin cancer medicine for the past decade. Dr Chong attained her medical degrees at the University of Tasmania and went on to complete a portfolio of postgraduate certifications in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment through HealthCert Education and The Australasian College of Dermatologists.
As part of her master’s degree, she carried out melanoma research under the supervision of dermatologist Prof Kiarash Khosrotehrani at the Translational Research Institute (TRI), in collaboration with scientists and clinicians at TRI & QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute. During this time, she also worked at the dermatology department at Princess Alexandra Hospital & Prince Charles Hospital, performing skin checks on organ transplant patients, who are up to 65 times more likely to develop skin cancer than the general public.
Dr Chong completed her GP training in Toowoomba. She has practised in hospitals and medical and dermatology clinics in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast since 2015, and has presented at dermatology and melanoma conferences, including at the 24th World Congress of Dermatology in Milan. She has also supervised medical students and has been involved in skin cancer research studies.
Queensland is infamously known as the skin cancer capital of the world, and Dr Chong is passionate about shifting the paradigm via patient education regarding skin cancer prevention and early detection. She is a strong advocate for daily sun protection and regular skin checks, having witnessed the significant difference these actionable steps can make towards saving lives.
• Master of Philosophy (Predicting melanoma outcome using clinical and biological indicators), (The University of Queensland), 2020
• Certificate of Practical Dermoscopy (The Australasian College of Dermatologists), 2019
• Certificate of Benign & Precancerous Lesions (The Australasian College of Dermatologists), 2019
• Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine (HealthCert Education), 2016
• Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (University of Tasmania), 2014
68 Neil St
Toowoomba, QLD 4350
Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Free on-site parking is available in the driveway alongside our centre or on the street.