Am I too old to improve my skin health and appearance?
A lifetime of sun damage, gravity, and lifestyle factors can leave your skin looking worse for wear as you get older. By retirement age, majority of people will experience wrinkles, lines, sagging skin, pigmentation problems, dark under-eye circles, and poor skin texture that makes them “look old” (perhaps even older than you actually are!).
At our skin centres, our Doctors and Dermal Clinicians see patients of all ages, from teenagers experiencing acne, to people in their 30s with rosacea, to retirees struggling with a little bit of everything mentioned above.
It is never too late to improve your skin health.
Addressing your skin health concerns is important for people of any age. Sun damage, sun spots and pigmentation may conceal skin cancer, which is especially prevalent in people aged 55 and over. Getting your skin checked annually by a Skin Cancer Doctor is very important for early detection of skin cancers to ensure your skin stays healthy for a long time to come.
Treating the skin’s appearance – and working to prevent worsening of symptoms – is entirely achievable, no matter your age. We work with patients of all ages to repair and rejuvenate their skin and restore their confidence.
Top 5 skin concerns for people over 55
- Loss of volume (due to diminished bone structure, fat volumes and skin thickness), especially around the cheeks, jowls and lips;
- Wrinkles and fine lines, especially around the eyes (such as frown lines and crow’s feet);
- Sun damage, particularly blotchy pigmentation, sun spots, and skin cancers;
- Dark under-eye circles or “hollowness” around the eye sockets; and
- Loose, sagging skin.
Our favourite treatments for people over 55
Everyone is different, and your specific skin concerns will be addressed with a tailored treatment plan. That being said, some of our favourite treatments for the concerns listed above include:
- Anti-wrinkle injections
- Dermal fillers
For sagging skin:
- Thread lifts
- Fibroblast plasma pen skin lift
- Radio frequency treatments
- Laser skin rejuvenation
For sun damage:
- Cosmelan Depigmentation Therapy
- Laser pigmentation treatments
For under-eye concerns:
- "Liquid Gold" Facelift
If you would like to speak to a Doctor or Dermal Clinician about your skin concerns, please call us or book your appointment online.