Laser treatments for pigmentation
Sun damage can create excess pigmentation and freckles across your face, neck, chest and legs, leaving you looking tired and aged. Laser pigmentation removal helps to even out your skin tone, improve skin texture, and remove unwanted pigmentation and freckles with fast, safe and effective results!
What pigmentation problems can laser therapies treat?
Laser can be the ideal treatment for:
- Age spots
- Skin tags
- Acne scars
- Port-wine stains
- Uneven skin tone and texture
How does laser for pigmentation removal work?
Pigmentation, sun spots and freckles can appear as we age, creating an uneven complexion and an older appearance. Laser pigmentation removal targets this pigment to provide a clearer, smoother skin that is even-toned.
The Skin Therapist will apply a gel to your skin, which allows the laser to glide over the target areas with ease. The laser works by delivering light pulses to the problem areas. This lightens and even the pigments for a smoother complexion.
You may experience some minor redness, swelling and bruising after treatment. It is a normal part of recovery and should subside within a few days. It is important to stay out of direct sunlight and avoid any strenuous activities until your skin has healed.
Top 3 benefits of laser pigmentation removal
- Permanently remove pigmentation and freckles: Laser pigmentation treatments provide a permanent solution for existing pigmentation. (However, new spots can develop over time in new areas.)
- Achieve a smooth, even skin tone: Correct uneven skin tone and erase pigmentation problems for a smoother, clearer complexion.
- Fast and effective: Laser pigmentation treatments take about 20 to 30 minutes, with results seen after one to six sessions, so you can achieve great results without a huge time commitment.
Does laser pigmentation removal hurt?
As described by most patients, laser pigmentation removal does not hurt. It feels like a tiny rubber band hitting your skin (annoying rather than painful).
How many laser sessions are needed for pigmentation removal?
It can take anywhere from one treatment to about five laser treatments, depending on your skin type and treated area. For someone with medium-toned dark spots all over their face, they may need more than one session to be effective enough. However, if you have just a few scattered light brown freckles on your arms, then maybe only two sessions would do the trick!
Each laser pigmentation treatment takes about 20-30 minutes.
What should I expect after my laser pigmentation treatment?
You need breaks between laser treatments for your skin to heal. It can take up to four weeks or longer before your skin is ready for another session, which is why we recommend taking long breaks in between treatments.
Improvement is usually seen after each laser treatment, but it’s not uncommon to have some bruising and mild discomfort afterwards. Avoid hot showers, spas, sun exposure and sweating for a few days following your session.
How does laser pigmentation therapy compare to other therapies?
- Our laser pigmentation treatments do not break or peel the skin.
- Treatment is customised to meet your needs
- Minimal discomfort
- No anaesthetic required
- Long-term results
- Resume normal activities immediately
If you would like to speak to a Doctor or Skin Therapist about your skin concerns, please call us or book your appointment online.